Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The morning started at 0430. I rolled out of bed, made some coffee, toast, and read the paper for a bit. I tested the weather and today called for tights, long sleeve shirt, and pullover with gloves. I took my jacket along just in case and it was a good thing I did. I noticed a flag blowing in the wind so I decided I would wear my jacket. Start time temp was 29.

Todays run was going to e 10 miles. Neither Scott or I had a route picked out so we came up with a quick plan and headed out. For some reason my Garmin was completely dead. I charged it over night Sunday??? I recharged it again this morning after the run and all is well... THANK GOD!!! I thought the world would come to an end without my Garmin.

We kept a nice steady pace through the first 8 miles and picked up the pace by 10 seconds the last 2 miles. Our average on today's run was 9:00. The pace was absolutely perfect. With a 20 miler looming on Satuday, I didn't want to run this one too hard and crash on Saturday. We are both experiencing a little soreness so we may be slowing it down a bit on the upcoming runs.

Last night, I skipped the bike because my quads were toast from the 28 miles over the week-end. I did 2 sets of weights and worked on my core for a bit.

I received my new shoes yesterday, Mizuno Wave Alchemy 8, and I am planning on trying them out tomorrow on the treadmill... 5 mile recovery run. I think I will break them in on the recovery runs and tackle a couple 12 miles with them. That should give me about 50 miles on them for the race. I currently run in Mizuno Wave Alchemy 7 and I absolutely think they are GREAT.

No comments: