Monday, November 17, 2008

The End of Another Week

Yesterday I ended the 9th week with a 9 mile pace run. It was a little cool but nothing like Saturday morning. I learned from Saturday and I toned down the layers. I was feeling REALLY sore from Saturday's run. My shins were in some definate pain. I think I am going to chicken out of the Frostbite Festival 10 mile run. I want to make sure I am injury free on Marathon day. My shins feel much better today but I don't want to risk it.

I strapped on the IPOD to get caught up on all my podcasts and headed out. The flat run was a welcome site. It was windy but it didn't seem to play a factor until I was heading home. Isn't that typically how it works??? I ran from the house to the interurban trail via a loop through the condo subdivision.

I felt like I struggled the entire run. I averaged about an 8:45 pace for the run picking it up the last 2-3 miles.

This week marked the half way point but I can't quite say it's all downhill from here since we have a 19 and 3 20 mile runs left.

To end the morning/ early afternoon, Cameron and I headed to the Convention Center to take in the Ansar Shrine Circus. I've always liked going to the circus. I can remember my grandma taking me to the Ringling Bros. circus as a kid.

No comments: