Thursday, November 27, 2008

Breakfast before Turkey... How bout 8 x 800?

Turkey day is pretty hectic around here. It consists of cooking, cleaning, watching the parade, etc. The only time I was going to be able to fit in my speed session was in the AM. So, before I did anything else today, I hopped on the treadmill. The plan called for 8 Yasso 800's. My pace has always been running them at 3:20 and today was no exception.

After some stretching and a .5 mile warm-up, I I started in on my first of 8 800's. The first is always the hardest but I typically get into a nice groove after about the third (I'm sure I have mentioned that about 100 times).

I did a .5 mile cooldown followed by a .25 mile walk. I was tired but felt refreshed and ready to takle all the Thanksgiving festivities.

The plan for the next day and a half is rest in preparation for my first ever 20 miler on Saturday.

Scott... If you by chance read this prior to Saturday, I'm going to drop off some water at the end of the trail before I meet you all at the Y.

No comments: