Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's a Beautiful Morning

I'm not sure who sings the song but it just fit this morning. Although a little chilly, it was indeed beautiful. Not a cloud in the sky, moon was bright, stars a plenty, and minimal traffic.

I was up at 0400 to try to make it out the door by 0430. I gathered my IPOD, sports drink, stocking cap, and gloves and set out for a 9 mile run. I wasn't sure where I would run so I just let my feet direct me. Come on... it's Chatham. I can't too lost.

The first few miles were pretty slow. I want to try to work on starting slow and picking it up in the middle to ending miles. The beginning of mile 2 was spent messing with my IPOD and miles 3 and 6.5 were stops for drinking. I turned it on at mile 6 clocking an 8:00 and miles 7, 8, & 9 were even faster. I ran mile 9 at 7:30. My average pace was 8:45. I told you the beginning was slow.

Last night, I rode the recumbent bike for 45 minutes and did some weights.

No comments: