Friday, November 14, 2008

800 X 7= Good Workout

Yesterday was speed day and the menu called for 7 x 800 at my usual pace. This is the first set of 800's I will have done in 3 weeks so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. We had to run a couple errands after work so I got started about 6:30.

As with all my speed workouts, I did a half mile warmup at 10:00 pace and started in on my 800's. The plan was to run each 800 in 3:20. I don't know about everyone else, but the first one is always the hardest for me. From there, the workout seemed "easy". I know easy is relative but I felt pretty comfortable for the remaining 6. I never found myself out of breath or struggling at all during the workout. I had to keep looking down at the panel to make sure I hadn't screwed anything up, it was going that good. I thought about 1 more at the end but had to remind myself that this was a cut back week. I finished the workout with a half mile cooldown at 10:00 pace for a total of 6 miles.

I guess today's workout is a sign that I might be getting stronger as a runner.

Today (Friday) is an off day and tomorrow will be a 12 mile run followed by a 9 mile pace run.

No comments: