Tuesday, September 16, 2008

You can cut it with a knife

That would be the fog this morning. It was really dense!!! If it's not one thing, it's another. I'll take fog over rain any day. The temp outside was a cool 56 degrees. I met Scott at the local YMCA at 0600. My plan had me doing 5 and Scott's plan had him doing 7 miles. I decided to run the 7 because Marathon training is all about miles. If this starts to become too much, I'll back down a bit.

I have never ran from the "Y" before so I had no idea where I was going. The course was an out and back with some hills through Washington Park. The nice thing about running in the park is that you don't need to take any water because of the water fountains and there are bathroom just in case. For me, this new course is a much needed change in scenery, although we couldn't see a whole lot.

We started at about an 8:50 pace but quickly picked it up after the first mile and through the remaining 6 miles. We finished with exactly 7 miles in a time of 58:35 for an average pace of 8:20. I was dragging a little the last 1.5 miles. More than likely from the race on Sunday and weights/core last night. All-in-all it was a quality run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah! When we were trading pre-run emails to coordinate, it didn't hit me that you and I have slightly different training plans. I thought you were wanting to cut back on this morning's run from 7 to 5 miles due to your L&C race on Sunday. Looks like you are "+2". That may come back to haunt me in a future week when one of your runs calls for higher mileage. Nonetheless,it was a good run and glad you enjoyed a new route despite both the darkness and the fog.

Scott H.

Lance said...

No worries. I have changed my Tuesday runs to match what you have. It's all about miles. Like we talked on the run today, I peaked at about 35-40 miles a few weeks back so the extra is no big deal.