Sunday, September 28, 2008

12 Miler

Yesterday was our second long run in this training program. We totalled 12 miles @ about a 9:07 pace. The pace today was perfect. We started at 8:45 from the Y and did a loop that consisted of Washington Park, the mall, a stroll by Illini Country Club, back through the park and to the Y. I am loving the change of scenery each week. We encountered some slight inclines along the way but nothing too crazy. It's nice having someone to talk to on these LSD (long slow distance) runs. So far, both Scott and I appear to be on course with our training but then again, it has only been 2 weeks.

The weather was beautiful today with a slight breeze. I think fall has finally arrived so we should have some awesome days of running ahead of us.

Next week is a cut back week and it calls for 8 miles for our LSD run. I need to focus on the fact that this is a recovery week so I don't run this long run too fast.

No comments: