Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Little bit of everything

Last night was weights, cross train, & core workout night. After stopping at Subway and getting myself and the kids some dinner, I headed to the multi-purpose room. It is actually our 3rd bedroom but you would never know it. It houses the treadmill, weight set, and recumbent bike. It is also where Kristi does all her beading and where the dog kennel is located. Boy... do we need a basement.

I started off on the weights. I did 2 sets of upper body work. I'm not sure if I should be working the legs or if I should leave them for the running. I also throw some core workouts in between the reps of weights. I hopped on the recumbent bike after the weights. I rode for 35 minutes at a real easy pace while listening to Phedippidations podcast on my IPOD. I finished the evening with some stretching before heading to bed.

Week 2 is staring off on the right foot, no pun intended. I feel refreshed this morning and hopefully I feel this good tonight for my 7 miler.

Hey Scott... How did the run go this morning???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great morning to run 7 miles. Started at 0645, and w/ no fog and a little more sunlight, I was actually able to see. Ran the Washington Park route from the Y. Forgot my iPod so I just soaked up the morning and noticed all the squirrels are really busy acquiring and hiding their winter stash. I focused on running "controlled" and kept my pace around an 8:45. Hope you enjoy your run tonight!

Scott