Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Early to bed, Early to Rise...

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and EXTREMELY tired. Today was an early day for me as I woke at 0445 in order to meet my training partner, Scott H., at 0545.

I forgot to mention in my initial post that I will have a training partner for the Marathon. We met for our first run this morning to work out everything and compare notes while running. We both have the same time/finish goals and our times/paces are pretty aligned. Since this is Scott's 2nd Marathon, I am going to rely on his knowledge. His 1st Marathon was in the heat of Chicago.

After a 6 mile run @ 8:11 pace, I think we have everything worked out. We have decided to meet up on Tueday mornings for a sorta-long run and on the week-ends for our long runs. We will probably meet up on some Thursdays for hill workouts.

The key to training with someone is flexibility and I think we are both going to be pretty flexible with times, distance, days, etc.

The Tuesday before a race is a speed day for me so last night I warmed up for a mile, did an interval workout consisting of 6 x 400 @ 6:18 pace with a 200 recovery, and a .5 mile cool down for a total of 4 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at your opening to this post. It's obvious that my "early rise" didn't result in the "wise" part as the first thing out of my mouth this morning was "Hey Aaron". What was that??? I guess it was an early test to see how you roll to stupidity. You "passed" which is good to know as who knows what I may say again on a future long run when those miles start to affect the brain.

Looking forward to this marathon journey and our final run in the desert land of cacti!

Scott H.