Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Listen to your body

Last night I went for my 7 miler around 1800. It was still a little a warm and for some reason the humidity felt pretty high as well. While doing some stretching, I noticed that I was pretty hungry. I knew I had eaten quite a bit for lunch and breakfast so I didn't know what was going on. I should have listened to my body and grabbed a little something before the run.

The first couple miles came and went without any "issues" as I was holding pretty steady at about an 8:45 pace. Around mile 2.5 is when I started feeling it. I was all over the place in regards to pace and I felt like I had ZERO energy. Despite all my issues on the run, I finished in 1:01 and some change. Once home, I downed my Endurox R4 drink and devoured my Grilled Chicken Salad from Bella Milano... Thanks Kristi!

Note to self... Next time you feel the hunger bug hit you, grab a little something.

No comments: