Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hills

Today's workout called for 3 x hills. We have a perfect hill in Washington Park that is .25 miles in length. I started with a 2.5 mile warm-up, completed some light stretching and started the hills. The plan was to attack the hills at a faster pace and jog back down. I rested for about 30-60 seconds before I started the next one. Once the hills were complete, I did a 2 mile cool down.

I totalled 6 miles of running and averaged about a 7:30 pace.

I need to slow my work-outs down or I'm never going to make it to the starting line. I don't feel like I'm pushing myself to the extreme but this is only week 1.

Friday is a rest day before Saturday and Sunday runs.

I ordered another Marathon book today, Training to Run the Perfect Marathon. It is an older book but someone on Hal Higdon's forum suggested it as it was one of his books he references frequently.

No comments: