Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Doom's Day

On Monday September 15th, 2008, I will embark on an 18 week Marathon training plan that will conclude with the running of my 1st Marathon, the P.F. Chang Arizona Rock-n-Roll Marathon to be held in sunny Phoenix, Arizona. The Marathon travels through Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe where we finish at Sundevil Stadium. I chose this Marathon for a couple of reasons...

#1- The weather- Who wouldn't want to run in 60 degree weather
#2- The course- Flat, flat, and flat
#3- Free lodging... Thanks Grandma

I've had luck with Hal Higdon's programs in the past, so I am choosing to use a mix of 2 of his training plans. I'm using the Intermediate II plan with the speed work from Advanced I. I have also swapped the mileage on Tuesday and Wednesday so I can have an easy day before the Thursday workout.

I have a couple goals in mind since this is my first Marathon. I want to make it to the starting line injury free, I want to finish, and I want to have fun and enjoy all the music. I'm going to shoot for a finishing time between 3:45 and 4:00.

Thanks for joining me on my journey and I look forward to all your comments and feedback. If you too are running the Marathon, let me know how your training is going also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got a start somewhere... Good Luck.