Thursday, October 2, 2008

Running and Baseball

Does it get any better than that on a chilly early October evening... Running and the MLB Playoffs. Although my team (Cardinals) are not in the playoffs, I will be watching as many games as possible.

I passed on running 3 miles outside last night to run on the treadmill. I turned on the Cubs/ Dodgers game, set the pace to 9:13, and I was off. The Cubs went up early 2-0 but that was short lived. The final score... Dodgers 7 and the Cubs 2. I hope (for my girlfriend's sake) that the Cubs pull through this and end the 100 year drought. She is a die hard fan and definately bleeds blue. They have an excellent team (although I wouldn't admit that to her) and I think this is a great chance for them to win it all.

I had promised Addison, our Black Lab, that I would take her for some exercise as well after my run and I didn't let her down. We did about a 30 minute walk and called it a night.

No comments: