Friday, October 10, 2008

Good Bye 7

Last night after work I drove to Lincoln Park for my last 7 miler. Next week, the mid-week Tuesday run increases to 8 miles.

I arrived at Lincoln Park @ 1730 to a temp of 65 with a nice breeze. What a GREAT night for running. If the weather sounds good, my run was even better. I wanted to get some hills into my run so I decided to run Abe's Amble course and add a little extra for a total of 7. I started at Nelson Center and headed to the cemetary. The leaves are starting to change and the cementary was beautiful. I must have gotten lost in the moment because I looked at my Garmin at mile 2 and it said I was averaging 8:00 miles. I felt AWESOME!!! I did slow down a bit the next couple (8:15 -8:22 pace) before picking it back up the last 3. It was funny as I approached the fairgrounds. I'm so used to seeing it during fair season, that it felt kind of wierd running with nothing around. I finished the run up in Lincoln Park by going down the hill to the lagoon and back up the big hill. My last mile was 7:42. I felt like I could have ran forever but then quickly thought I should save it for our 14 miler this week-end.

I ended the run with 7 miles at a pace of 8:06 and 7 hills.

No comments: