Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday afternoon swim

After a great workout on Wednesday, I hit the pool at lunch for a swim. My triathlon is a little over a month away and I need to get a lot of endurance work in before then. I'm going to swim 2 days a week and both days will be spent swimming longer distance. Nancy says to always do a drill set as a warm-up so I proceeded with a 400 set of drills... 50 drill, 50 swim, 50 drill, 50 swim (you get the point).

The main set was a ladder. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing in the pool as far as sets but a plan never hurts (in theory). The ladder was a 50, 100, 150, 200, 150, 100, 50 with a 10-15 second rest interval. I followed up that set with a nice and easy 3 x 100 making sure I counted my strokes (SR) and keep them between 18-20.

I'm on my own now so I have to consciously remember everything Nancy taught me over the past 16 weeks so she doesn't get on my case when she sees me swimming.

My next workout is gooing to be a straight 750 swim preceeded by a drill set. I need to work my way up to about a 1150 swim (.7 mile) for my triathlon.

No comments: