Monday, May 18, 2009

A Long Week-end

Actually, the week-end flew by but I did get a lot of miles in. My training has gone to running specific to trying to balance swimming, running, and biking. For the past week, I was only able to run and swim since we were out in California for vacation. I ran long one day and sorta long 2 other days. I swam everyday either doing drills, swimming, or just laying out in the 100 degree weather. La Quinta, California... I could get used to that lifestyle.

We arrived back home on Wednesday evening and were greeted by storms on the drive up from St. Louis. Thursday was business as usual for both work and training. After a LONG day at work, I hit the treadmill for 8 x 400 @ 6:00 pace. It was a little difficult but manageable.

Due to the weather, I decided to run on saturday instead of biking. I managed 11.75 miles and a sore left knee. It felt pretty good until I stopped at a light within a mile from home. Then I couldn't start again. I'll be researching this injury. I had this injury when I started running a couple years ago. Maybe it is due to all the treadmill running and now that I'm hitting the roads, it's acting up.

Sunday was a much nicer day. After completing numerous honey-do's, I hopped on the bike. I planned on 35 but only managed 33.5. I'll take it. I rode from my house to Lake Sanchris and back. Most of the miles were on the same road. Kind of boring but at least I knew I would have the wind at my back on the way home. I finished in under 2 hours.

I have a 5K in site for next week-end to see how my early season endurnace is and then I will be doing my first biathlon on May 30... 3 nile run followed by a 15 mile bike.

No comments: