Thursday, May 28, 2009

800 x 400= Great workout

Wednesday was speed day... again. I went to the blog and saw we would be doing 800's and 400's. Cool! I hated those mile repeats. After a warm-up, Katie explained some track etiquette. Runner's get the inside, walkers get the outside and pass on the outside. I figured I would forget one eventually and I did. I started walking to the inside. You big dummy!!!

The plan was to run 4 x 800 and 4 x 400. OUCH!!!! I hopped in with Katie, Nyle, Rob, and a couple others and we were off. I counted off the 1/4 splits each time and we were consistently hitting 1:32/33 and finishing at around 3:06. The last 200 is always the toughest.

After a breif rest, we... I mean they started the 400's. I looked up and the group had left without me. I guess that's what I get for not paying attention. I jumped in for the 2nd and knew I would need to run by myself. The 400's are kind of a blurr but the first 2 (for me) were run about 1:27. I sluffed on the 3rd, running in 1:30. Since I was flying solo on the 4th, I wanted to push the pace. I finished in 1:23.

Following a mile cool down, I was off to the race director's meeting.

No comments: