Saturday, January 31, 2009

Runnin' with the HalfWits

We have this local running group called the HalfWits. They train for Half Marathons. I ran with them last year and they are a great group of people. Today was day #1 of the 9 week training plan. They also meet on Tuesday and Thursday for work outs.

I was feeling pretty good this morning. Scott had mentioned shooting for 8:20 pace today. After Thursday's 5 mile @ 8:00 pace, I thought that was doable. We started fast and I don't believe we ever let up.My Garmin confirmed that we ran sub 8:00 miles except for 1 and that was at 8:01. So much for 8:20. For post Marathon week 2, I felt totally awesome. Scott was hurting a bit from his double work outs all week. For me, it was nice to know that the speed is coming back.

Our miles were 7:57, 7:51, 8:01, 7:53, 7:45, & 7:44. The last .2 was at 7:53. After scooping the driveway, I hit the weights for a couple of sets. Now it is time to relax because Scott is going to kill me on Monday. We are meeting for stairs. I'm just now getting over the last stair work out.

No comments: