Wednesday, January 7, 2009

6 on the 6th

After work Tuesday, I suited up for a 6 mile run outside. It was a little cooler but extremely nice... and slippery. With the marathon a week and a half away, I had to really watch my steps.

The first mile came and went and I thought I was cruising, but when I checked the Garmin it read 9:16. I think it had a little malfunction. I guess that was my warm up mile because I really did cruise from there. I averaged an 8:47 pace for the entire run convering 6.01 miles. The run felt extremely good today.

I think I have finally started feeling the effects of the recovery but am still not sure yet. That training must have really taken a toll.

3 comments:

Jaina said...

Good luck on your first Marathon! You'll like the course and hopefully our weather will cooperate this year (crossing my fingers!).

Pat said...

good luck at the RnR. I did the marathon last year and it's a great experience.

I'm doing the half this year.

Lance said...

Thanks for your support. I am REALLY looking forward to the experience. I'm keeping my eye on the weather and it looks like it will prime running weather. Gotta love AZ in January.

Good luck to you as well. You will be AWESOME!!!