Sunday, January 4, 2009

Slacker

As you may have noticed, I've been slacking a bit in keeping my "journal" updated. Things have been hectic with the holidays and all. Let's see if I can dig back a few days and at least give a little training info.

The last post was the 30th. On Tuesday night (30th), I set out for an 8 miler. I got a late start, about 7:40 in the evening, but I was out on the roads. I was a little worried as the wind was supposed to start blowing pretty hard around 8:00. I don't know what time it started blowing but it came with a vengeance. I bet I looked pretty drunk running down Route 4. It was a cross wind and I could see my shadow looking like it was at a 45 degree angle. So when the wind would stop, I would stagger a bit and then when it would pick up, I would stagger back the other way. It was miserable. I ended with 7.5 miles.

I hit the treadmill on New Year's Day for a Higdon style Tempo run. It was only supposed to be a 30 minute tempo run but I believe I turned it into about 46 minutes. I felt pretty good and finished with 5.5 miles.

Saturday was a 12 miler. I felt pretty good for the first 8 or 9 miles but then the hunger attacked me. I struggled through the last few miles but completed none-the-less. I did a set of weights and some core work before relaxing in front of the TV for some football. I really hope my body rejuvenates itself in the last couple of weeks so I don't struggle like I did today.

No comments: