Thursday, January 8, 2009

Taper Madness

Now I understand the term "Taper Madness". Since my mileage has decreased, I have time to think about EVERYTHING. Am I eating right? Am I eating enough? Am I drinking right? What time am I going to get up on race morning? Can I actually do this? Is the madness ever going to stop???

For about 45 minutes yesterday, my mind was at ease. I was running!!!! I get into a very relaxed state when I run as if my body is telling me that all is going to be alright... even if it was only for 4 miles. :)

The treadmill was my medicine today as it has been for the previous 16 weeks on Wednesdays. I was hoping that today's recovery run would indeed help me recover. For whatever reason, I don't feel like I have any legs left. Is this psychological???

I felt great after 38 minutes of running and a lap cool down. 1.5 weeks left and I don't think it can get here soon enough. I have been gathering my things together all week so I can make sure not to rush the last minute and forget something. I ordered a new pair of shoes today. The smae model I am currently running in. I hpe to get about 15-20 miles on them, including an 8 miler, before the race.

No comments: