Sunday, January 25, 2009

One Week Later

It's been one week since the marathon and so far so good. I'm following Hal Higdon's Post Marathon recovery program. This is the last day of Zero week so tomorrow starts the 4 week recovery plan.

I resumed running on Thursday with 3 miles on the treadmill at about a 9:30 pace. My legs felt a little heavy but the run went well. Friday was 30 minutes of cross training on the recumbent bike. Saturday was another 3 miler. I ran that run at 8:57 pace. No complaints with this workout and no minor aches and pains... as of yet. I need to continue to take it easy.

Today called for a 6-8 mile run. It was snowing and 11 degrees when I left the house. Boy... I miss AZ already. I decided to try the upper end and go for 8 miles. I had my legs but the run felt slow. That's good news because I didn't want to push the pace. I averaged 9:13 pace for the entire run but my last 2 miles were fast. The last being 8:24.

I have a Half Marathon scheduled for 11 weeks in Champaign, IL. My goal for that race is 1:37ish. I sure hope I can build some lost speed up before the race.

Stay tuned as I will post the recover plan tomorrow.

No comments: