Monday, February 2, 2009

Tough Couple of Days

The past 2 days have been tougher work-outs since the fast long run. Next week, I hope to tone it down a bit for our long run because I want to go a little longer than the prescribed 7. Hopefully we can do somewhere in the neighborhood of 9-10.

My Sunday workout called for a 30 minute tempo run. I went 4 miles in right around 30 minutes. I definately worked up a sweat during this workout on the treadmill.

Today (Monday), I was flying solo. I arrived at the Y at 6:15 AM. The plan was to do short warm up (.5 miles) to the Hilton, do some stairs, and a 2-3 mile cool down. I was definately feeling the affects of yesterday's tempo run. The warm up was REALLY slow and I was already dreading the infamous stairs who were to blame for my pain most of last week. I did singles up to the 16th floor and I was breathing HEAVY. After heading down, I grabbed some water and tried talking myself out of the 8 doubles but I wasn't listening to myself. I hit the stairs for the doubles and as I approached the last couple of flights, I felt like I was walking. This is a work out. It took me most of the way down to catch my breath.

I concluded the work out with 1.5 mile cool down. I couldn't (or didn't want to) do anymore. I feel like this was quality work out even though the running was short.

I have a weird feeling that my mile repeats at 10K pace tomorrow are going to suffer.

No comments: