Thursday, February 5, 2009

Back to Work

I was back to work last night after a day off recovering from my Monday stair workout. My calves were still pretty sore but I knew once I got started, the soreness would subside.

Week 2 of Hal Higdon's recovery plan called for 4 miles but I was going for 5-6. I set the incline to 1, the speed to 7.5 (8:00 pace) and I was off. The first few miles on the mill completely suck. There is nothing on TV except news, until Wheel of Fortune is on at 6:30. At mile 3, I thought I would only go 4, at 4 I thought maybe 5, at 5 I thought... I can do six no problem. Although my legs were tired, I felt pretty good. My breathing was good. I incresed my last lap to 7:40 pace to finish strong.

I finished with 6 miles and a total time of 47:56. Tonight calls for 3 X 1 mile at 10K pace (around 7:00 pace). I'm not sure if my legs will be able to handle the speed so I will need to prepare mentally all day. I just have to tell myself that it will pay off for the half and summer races.

No comments: