Monday, February 9, 2009

And Then It Was Back To Normal

The week-end started at 5:30 on Saturday with a temp of about 46 degrees. Today's long run called for shorts... at the beginning of February??? I know it sounds crazy but we set a record high of 67 degrees on Saturday. 10 miles was the distance in this 3rd recovery week.

We met at 7:00 at Cafe Moxo, a local downtime eatery, where we were going to run the front part of the Lincoln Memorial Half Marathon and add 3 miles in the middle. The pace started a little slow (8:40) but we picked it from there. We hovered around 8:15-8:10 pace for the next several miles. It was a quicker pace but felt pretty good. We ran into Tom and Mike Burk in the park so mile 7 or 8 was a little slower (8:40) since stopped and gabbed for a minute. The last 2 miles were pretty quick as we ran 8:04 and 8:03. I could definately feel the run later that day.

And then it was back to normal on Sunday. I believe the high was 36 degrees and I decided to stay in for a treadmill run. I set the speed for an 8:58 pace and completed 5 miles in 44:57. This was an active recovery run as I actually thought about taking the day off completely.

I totalled 28 miles for the week with a few stairs included.

No comments: