Friday, February 6, 2009

Not quite there yet

My speed work last night, 3 X 1 mile @ 10K pace, went pretty well but I can tell that I'm not quite there yet. I felt great 2 week after the marathon but I feel I may have pushed it too much lately because I don't feel like I have my legs back and I have been extremely tired. Maybe I'll take it easy next week... Right!

After a .5 mile warm up, I set the speed to 8.7 (6:53 pace) and set off on my 1st mile. I've come to the realization that the first interval doesn't feel so good and today was no exception. But after the first, I was in a groove. Between the mile intervals, I did .5 rest at 10:00 pace. The work out felt good. My breathing was fine, but my legs didn't have it. It's tough trying to go fast when for a majority of my 18 week marathon training I was running fairly slow. I completed the work out with a mile cool down at 8:30 pace.

No comments: