Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ended Up OK!

After 4 easy miles on the treadmill on Monday, Tuesday called for a much harder workout. It was my final week for mile repeats. After marathon pace, and 10K pace, this week was supposed to be at 5K pace which is 6:28. I haven't ran this fast since last September when I PR'ed in the 5K distance. For some reason, I just didn't think I had it in me to run that fast. After a .5 warm up, it was time to ramp up to 9.3 mph. The first mile came and went and I felt pretty good. The second was a little harder. I started feeling it with a lap to go. The third was really tough. After 2 laps, I was ready to give up but I stuck it out... tired legs and all. I totalled 5 miles @ around 36:00. I was already dreading the morning work out as stairs was in order.

I woke Wednesday and headed to the Y to meet Scott at 6:00. We set out for the Hilton. It is about a .6 mile warm up. The plan was to go to the top... all 31 floors with a couple of rest stops. After about 5 floors, my legs were burning. I'm guessing it was mostly due to the work out the night before. We made stops at floors 12 and 20. We should be good in a couple of weeks for no stops. We concluded the morning work out with a little over 3.5 miles for a total of 4.25 and 31 floors of steps. My legs are beat!!!

All my worrying was for not as everything ended up OK.

No comments: