Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Past Week

Since I posted last, I have been keeping with the training. I'm starting to feel better about the Lincoln Memorial in a little over a week but i wish I was feeling better. I set a goal last year that I wanted to turn in a time around 1:38. I'd still like that but anything under 1:45 will satisfy me.

Last Thursday, March 19, I ran 5 and some change starting at Lincoln Park, running a lap through the cemetary, and then heading back to the park via the pond hills. It was an up-tempo work-out. I finished the evening with my Tri swim class. We finally got to swim a bit. YEAH!!!

Friday was a day off for a long run on Saturday. I dropped my son off at WHS at 5:30 and headed to Lincoln Park to run the LM course. I started at about the 5.5 mile point so all the hills were done first. I averaged an 8:30 pace with the last 3 miles being 8:00 or under.

Sunday was spent relaxing with some weights. Other than the weights, it was a pretty relaxing day.

Monday after work, I rode the recumbent bike for 30 minutes. I tried to keep a cadence of 90. I guess the number to shoot for while riding is between 85 and 95. It felt good over the 30 minutes. I covered 7 miles and felt very refreshed.

I decided to do some speedwork on Tuesday. I am going to start the speedwork pretty heavy when the LM is over in order to get ready for the spring/summer/fall races. I'd like to PR by 1 minute for the 5K. That would put aroung 18:57. The workout was 8 x 400 with equal recovery which was half a lap. The 400 were run at 9.3 mph (6:27 pace). I do all my speedwork on the treadmill. The last lap was actually a 600. I ended up running 5.25 miles if you count the 1 warm-up and cooldown in just under 39:00.

Wednesday was recovery day. 3 easy miles on the treadmill at about 9:00 pace. I followed the run up with dinner and then weight training.

1 comment:

Aunt Ashy said...

Hey congrats on the new bike! You definitely need to make it official and sign up for a tri. Maybe I'll see you at the LM Half! Looks like it's going to be a nice day... I hope it stays that way! 4 more days!