Monday, March 16, 2009

A Few Good Day

I've had a few good days but I don't think I am in any shape to run a good half in a couple of weeks. To be honest, I can't wait until this race is over so I can decrease my mileage a bit and get rejuvenated for the spring/summer/fall races.

I ran 5.25 on Thursday evening. The course consisted of about 8 hills. I ran through Lincoln Park and the cemetary in order to get some hills in since the course for the race is pretty hilly. I struggled at the beginning due to my sickness I'm trying to get over but finished strong... sub 7:00 over the last mile and a half.

Friday was a rest after running 13.25 from Tuesday- Thursday. Saturday was a long run. I ended up with 13.4 and sore legs. I was only going to do 10 but the weather was absolutely gorgeous. I set out about 11:00 AM. As I was running, I decided to do a negative split run. The idea is to run out a certain distance/time, turn around, and see if you can make it back to point A in less time it took you to do the intial distance/time. I ended up running out 1 hour (6.7 miles)and beat my time back by about 4 minutes. I ended up with a total time of 1:56 and some change.

Sunday was spent relaxing, taking a nap, and doing some strength/core training.

No comments: