Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Little of This... Little of That

In three days, I've biked, ran, and swam. I guess I'm a triathlete??? No... Not really but I think I might be on my way. I'm a little gun shy about entering a triathlon but I will have to sometime.

On Monday, I spent 1 hour riding the cross-train program on the recumbent bike. Mondays ALWAYS used to be cross-training day and I think I'm going to get back in that routine. I set the bike on level 2 and I obviously forgot how hard it was. It topped out @ a resistance of 6. Each segment was about 1 minute 10 seconds long. I totalled 16 miles with tired legs.

I fremembered I was going to take it easy on Tuesday after the hard bike ride but not until after I completed 6 x 800 @ 8.7 mph (6:53/ mile pace). I definately felt the bike work-out from the first 800. I made it through fortunately and totalled 5.25 miles that included .5 mile warmup and cooldown.

Today (Wednesday), I headed to the pool at the Y to practice the drills I've been learning in my Triathlon swimming class. I didn't keep track of the distance I swam but I did swim for 1 hour and covered everything I supposed to.

No comments: