Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Almost Race Day

In 4 days, I will be running my 2nd half marathon. It would have been 3rd, but the race in St. Charles, MO last year was cut short by 3.1 miles. I don't quite know what to expect. I've been telling everyone I'd like to shoot for a 1:38 but would be happy with anything better than 1:45. Scott's advice is take what the day give you. Pretty sound advice if you ask me.

So... what have I been doing. Well, last Thursday (March 26) I went and ran @ Lincoln Park and included 5 miles of hills in the cemetary. I paid for those hills at swimming class afterwards. I aveaged a 7:45 pace for the entire run. There are some wicked hills. Thank God I don't live in a naturally hilly area. I totalled 7 miles.

Friday was an off day. I was preparing mentally for the new bike purchase I was about to make on Saturday. I knew what I had to spend and I needed to make sure I stayed to that. I ended up with a Specialized Allez Compact Elite. It is a sweet bike and just what I wanted. I could have gotten more of a bike but I also needed all the accessories. Those things add up. I was stoked after the purchase. I hopped on the treadmill and ended with 3 at nice and easy pace.

My long run was supposed to be Sunday, but due to 6 inches of snow, Scott and I postponed until Monday morning. The snow was gone by Monday and it made for a great morning. We covered 7 miles at an average pace of 8:08. A little fast but it felt REALLY good. I followed that up with 4 easy miles on Tuesday and plan on running 3 easy miles tonight. I'm trying to make sure I feel 100% for the race on Saturday.

No comments: