Thursday, April 30, 2009

Keeping Me Honest

I guess I need to get back to posting. If anything, it will keep me honest. I have still been training just not as much as I'd really like. I've cut back on the running and replaced it with biking and swimming. I'm going to try my first Triathlon on July 5th. It is a .7 mile swim, 19 mile bike, and 4.5 mile run. My training is going to look something like this:

M- Swim (lunch) & bike (30-60 minutes hard/easy)(AM or PM)
T- Run (Tempo, intervals, or Fartlek)
W- Ride (30-60 minutes) followed by a short run (2-5 miles) (brick workout)
Th- Swim & Strength
F- Rest
Sa- Long bike (90-120 minutes) or run (10-14 miles)

I am currently doing all three but my training doesn't officially start until I return from vacation on May 11.

Last night I rode 25 miles. My legs felt tired. It must have been the 50 miles on the bike on Saturday.

No comments: