Sunday, April 12, 2009

Much needed rest

I have been on a running break for about a week. After my crash at last week-ends Lincoln Memorial, I decided it was time to take a little break. I am feeling better but I still don't have any desire to go running. But I am going to start easy tomorrow (Monday). Instead of running, I have been riding my new bike, trying to get used to it. I purchased a Specialized Allez Elite. It is AWESOME. I rode about 13 miles on Wednesday and decided to ride a little longer on Saturday. I finished with about 22 miles. I did hit the weights last week a bit.

I have been swimming at the pool also. It is an excellent cross training exercise. I finished the beginner triathlon swimming class and on Tuesday, I start the intermediate class. The class is pretty fun and the instructor definately knows what she is doing and talking about.

Hopefully, I can find my passion for running again. I had trained hard for 1.5 years without any rest and my body finally shut down. I'm sure it will let me know when it's ok to start up again.

No comments: