Wednesday, December 30, 2009

So far... So good

The past 4 and a half weeks have gone as planned. I in the process of building up my mileage... slowly. Week 1, 2, & 3 had long runs of 10, 12, & 14 miles with a 6-7 mile mid-week long run on Tuesdays, an easy 3-4 miles on Wednesdays, and some speed work on Thursdays. Sunday is typically the same distance as my mid-week long run.

After a cutback week of a 10 mile long run, which was accomplished on the treadmill, I am ready for 3 weeks of increased long runs starting at 16 and increasing by 2 miles each week. The mid-week long run will also increase respectively.

I'm not quite sure where I am heading for 2010 but one thing I am for sure of is that I will have a good running base established for whatever I decide to do. There is a trail run in late March that consists of a 14, 26.2, 37, and 50 mile runs that I am looking at. Depending on how the training goes between now and late February, I may try to tackle the 37 miler.

With the new year comes stairs. I'll replace my speedwork with the stairs in hopes that it will help strengthen my running.

Hopefully everyone has a safe New Year's and I'll see you on the roads in 2010.

1 comment:

Aunt Ashy said...

Sounds like you're setting yourself up for a good year! Good luck!