Monday, January 25, 2010

My New Best Friend

So, for the past several weeks, me and my treadmill have really gotten to be best friends. I think I've been outside twice. One time was a 12 mile run and the other was for the Octopus, an intense hill workout.

So far, I am sitting at 111.5 mile for the month of January and I still have 1 week left to go. I can feel my endurance getting better. Other than my speed work, my runs are REALLY slow. I'm running long at about a 9:15 pace.

Tuesday night tempos are working out well. Last week, I ran 4 miles at my tempo pace (7:30) and I've built up to 8 x 400 @ 9.0 mph (6:40 pace). 1 more week of these and I should be ready to build up.

I feel like I am back after being injured and I am looking forward to getting fast again. My plan is to run in more road races this year and get back to under 20:00 for the 5k. I am planning on running the Lincoln Memorial Half and/or Champaign Half. Whichever one I try to take serious, I want to run under 1:40.

No comments: