Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Keeping Up

I have a hard time keeping up with this blog. I'd like to get in here and try to update it more frequently than I have. Maybe that will be my New Year's resolution.

Training has been going awesome so far this winter. I'm running 5 days a week while taking Monday and Friday off for rest. I'd like to build my base back up after being on the shelf for quite a while. In order to do so, I'm following my first marathon training plan and going to stop after I run my 20 miler. So, the plan calls for a mid week long rung run on Tuesday, easy run on Wednesday, speed on Thursday, LSD on Saturday, and medium run on Sunday. I'm going to resort to running on the treadmill maybe 2-3 of those runs. My speed is going to consist of 200's, 400's, and 800's. My peak week will be approximately 50 miles.

My goals for next year are runner longer races... 10K & 1/2 marathons with possibly a marathon somewhere along the way.

I'm feeling better than ever now. Although I was bummed about losing my fitness, it was probably a blessing a disguise. I feel fresh and ready to tackle some training again.

No comments: