Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Great 1st Ride

It's been about 3 weeks since I have been out on the bike. I've been fighting something going on with my knee. I know I need to go to the doctor but...

I have had zero energy lately. I'm sure this is what they call "burn-out". I did muster up enough energy to go for a ride on Tuesday night. About a mile into the ride, I forgot how good it felt to be out on a ride. I left Chatham and hoped to be back home by dark. I need to start carrying a lite in case I do get stuck out at dusk.

After hitting Curran and taking Rt. 54 to New Berlin, I turned around and headed home. It WAS getting dark and I had about 7 miles to go. I had no intention of riding fast but the darkness fell faster than I thought.

I ended with 30 miles and averaged about 18.5 mph. Not bad for not riding in 3 weeks. And my knee feels ok. I'm going to attempt 2 miles tonight on the mill.

No comments: