Friday, August 7, 2009

5.25 in the Glen

This is my 3rd day running this week. I still have 1 long run day left. That is the most days in a week I have ran since early summer. My legs are paying for it. I'm also trying to include some hills so that's a double whammy.

I set out for a 5 mile run. I need to get some hills in on my run since the marathon is somewhat hilly. There aren't too many places to choose from in Chatham so I headed over to Piper Glen. Piper Glen has some rolling terrain when you get to the backside. It WAS noticeable to my legs though. After 3.25 miles of rollers, I headed back home and on some flat terrain. I've been fighting ITB issues and it is still a little discomforting but I was able to complete the 5.25 miles pretty much pain free. I'm going for 8-10 sometime this week-end so that will be the early teller.

My training officially started this past Monday but if the knee/ITB holds up after this week-end, the real training is set to begin.

No comments: