Thursday, June 4, 2009

What's with all the Zeros

I wish this could be a story about me winning $100,000,000 in the lottery (that's a lot of zeros) but unfortunately it is not. When I took a look at my training over the past few days, I thought "what's with all the zeros".

My "zero" fascination for the week started on Monday. I headed out at 3:00 for a bike ride. I'd planned on only riding an hour but 1:45 later I pulled up to the front door. The ride consisted of a look from home to Interurban/Wabash trail, Koke Mill, Washington, Bradfordton, Old Jack, Koke Mill to the trail and home. The wind was pretty strong at times but I had a cross wind most od the ride. I totaled 30 miles for the day.

Tuesday was swim day. I headed to the Y right after work. I hit the pool at 5:30 and started with a 400 of drills/swim as a warm up. The main set was 1000 trying to work on my endurance. I finished the workout wit 3 x 1oo. I felt drained after the swim so I guess something is working.

Wednesday... All I can say about Wednesday was that I hope we never do 1200's again. Wednesday was speed night at the track. This was first ladder of this type but from what I gathered, everyone hated this. Or should I say hated the 1200. This was a tough work out but managable if you pace yourself right. I didn't pace myself right and was fast from the get go. KT had a ladder all set for us. The work out was as follows: 1200, 800, 400, 400, 800, 12oo with a 2:00 recovery (supposed) between each. After the first 1200, I was already dreading the last. I hurt for most of this work out. KT... this is payback from accounting class huh???

Today at lunch, I hit the Y for another swim. I was trying to focus on more strength for this work out. I started with a 300 warm up, swam 8 x 100, and cooled down with 4 x 50. I am tired now. Hopefully I can get rejuvenated for an evening ride. I think I'm going to stick with a 20 miler focusing on some intervals.

1 comment:

Aunt Ashy said...

You're training seems to be going quite well! I'm starting to watch your swim practices and using them for my own training! I don't really have much direction for my swim training otherwise! lol You're training tweets surely keep me motivated too!