Thursday, June 18, 2009

Icing on the Cake

I've had a good 3 days of training that started on Monday. After the long bike miles on Sunday, I was in need of a little run to get the blood flowing. As I headed out the door, the rain started falling. Not hard so I decided to go for it. It felt incredible but a little humid. After 4.5 miles I was feeling a tad water logged. I had hoped for a slower run but it never happens. I averaged about a 7:30 pace.

Tuesday included a little time in the pool. I really have no idea what I'm doing in the pool but I think I'm getting stronger. I'm only trying to work on my endurance as of now. I started with 400 of drills/swim. The main set was a 500, 400, 300, 200, & 100. I concluded with 200 of different strokes for a cooldown. Tuesday evening was spent learning the new chip timing system that the SRRC purchased in the off season. I planned on a little spinning later in the evening but the margaritas got the best of me. Oh well!

The icing on the cake came at the Wednesday night track workout. It was hot and sticky and my times showed it. I compared my splits with my pace chart and I was basically running at 20:30-20:45 pace until my 400. The workout was a 1600, 1200, 800, 800, and 400 with a 200 recovery. I put the hammer down on the 400 running it in 82 seconds and grasping for air. The workout concluded with a 1 mile cooldown and some chatting about the Parade Run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure did put the hammer down on the last 400!!! Your comment about the margaritas getting the best of you on Tuesday made me laugh. Sometimes that happens!!